Virtual Retreats-in-a-Box, Multi-media Programs, Mentoring Program
After many years of requests, we are making available online, digital versions of our retreats and offerrings for those of you who aren’t able to participate in person. Each offering is a complete program, which you can use based on your own timing and interests. These offerings include talks and material never before available except to participants who have attended our retreats or programs in person.
The following “Virtual Retreat” offerings are available (more coming soon):
This “Retreat in a Box” includes everything you need for your own retreat, or to listen to for educational purposes, and is available in three different packages.
In this retreat you will learn 4 meditation practices rooted in tradition and confirmed by neuroscience. One meditation period/half-day/day (depending on the length of retreat) is spent on each practice. This allows you to experience the meditation’s purpose, what it does to your consciousness, and how it supports awakening in unique and important ways. This helps you to make wise use of precious time spent in daily practice and retreat, and to better understand the overall trajectory of your spiritual unfoldment.
We also explore the question: “What is awakening?” Awakening is the inspiration for many on the spiritual journey, but we may be unclear about what it is, how it happens, and what we can commonly encounter. An overview of how awakening is understood across wisdom traditions is provided, misconceptions are clarified (as well as why scandals happen), and we learn more about how to integrate spiritual experience into everyday life. Participants are also guided in tuning in to their own “flame for awakening.”
Taught by: Tina Rasmussen
Virtual Retreat Materials: Understanding Awakening Retreat Schedule, Sample Retreat Schedule, Photo, 10 Audio Talks (roughly 10 hours of talks)
Prices: Basic Package $45 (media only), 30-minute Bookends Package $185 (media, plus two 30-minute sessions at the beginning and end of your retreat), 60-minute Bookends Package $295 (media, plus two 60-minute sessions at the beginning and end of your retreat)
Learn More | Buy Now
This “Retreat in a Box” includes everything you need for your own retreat and is available in four different packages.
In Samatha (concentration and serenity) meditation, we return our awareness to one object of meditation to the exclusion of everything else, thereby collecting and unifying the mind stream.
Samatha practice is often referred to as “purification of mind” and it does that in two ways. First, the practice reveals with heightened clarity our habitual patterns that cause us to suffer both on and off the cushion. Second, as we build the capacity to turn away from these patterns, a laser-like awareness can develop that can lead to profound stillness and joy, as well as the possibility of the arising of deep meditative absorptions known as the jhanas. This purification of mind “burns up”—our habitual personality patterns, giving us more freedom in life, and counteracting today’s over-stimulated society that can erode our ability to concentrate and be present. Cultivating deep concentration is also a support for other meditation practices.
This Retreat-in-a-Box can be done as a retreat of between 5-14 days in length (or even longer.)
Taught by: Tina Rasmussen and Stephen Snyder
Virtual Retreat Materials: Retreat Schedule, Photos, 12 Audio Talks, 4 Video Talks, Chant Sheet, Posture & Meditation Instructions, Practice Charts
Price: from $145 to $495 — 4 different packages available: Basic Package (materials only), Bookends Package (with two 30-minute sessions), Intermediate Package (with two 60-minute sessions), Deluxe Package (with four sessions)
Learn More | Buy Now
This year-long mentoring program includes all of the multi-media materials you need for the program (audios and videos), plus one-on-one mentoring sessions with a teacher. It two different packages: with 60-minute sessions or 30-minute sessions.
Our Individual Mentoring Program is for people who have a deep interest and commitment to their own unfoldment as they experience it in their worldly lives. It is a version of our year-long Group Mentoring Program, which we have offered three times previously, and are now customizing for interested practitioners to complete on a 1:1 basis. It is helpful for people who are sincerely interested in the deeper questions of life in engaging “the mystery” as householders.
The Mentoring Program has an emphasis on the broader Buddhist / spiritual path including a full spectrum of spiritual practices, modern personality work, and integration and embodiment of awakening in our worldly life as we live it. Engaging in mentoring for a full year provides an understanding and experience of practices that we feel are important to consider for a well-rounded spiritual unfoldment of one’s deepest nature. Monthly topics/practices include:
- Month 1–General Program Overview
- Month 2–The Enneagram, and Personality: Working with Ourselves Skillfully
- Month 3–Inquiry (Curious Presence in Daily Life): and the Inner Critic
- Month 4–Sila and Wholesome Living
- Month 5–Samatha: Concentration and Serenity
- Month 6–Purification of Mind
- Month 7–Vipassana: Insight
- Month 8–Dzogchen and the Non-dual Traditions
- Month 9–the BramaViharas: Purification of the Heart
- Month 10: Body-based Practices
- Month 11: Integration, Worldly Practice, and Socially Engaged Buddhism
- Month 12: Your Vision, Intention, and Flame for Awakening
The program includes monthly 1:1 mentoring sessions, audio recordings of teaching on each monthly practice, a reading list for each month, PDF reading downloads and hotlinks, and homework/reflection questions. In cases where more than one person is doing the program at a time, and individuals want contact with other like-minded people, access to “dharma buddies” from around the world may also be available. Or, you could choose to do the program with a friend that you already know, and do the program together. The cost for this is only the cost of the sessions, which is $840 for twelve 30 minute sessions and $1295 for twelve 1-hour sessions. You can either alternate each month between teachers, or can select one teacher for the entire program. You can start any time, with the program lasting a year. If you have questions before purchasing, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Taught by: Tina Rasmussen and/or Stephen Snyder, 12 monthly 1:1 Skype/Zoom/phone mentoring sessions
Multi-media Materials: 12 monthly reading lists and homework assignments; 24 PDF downloads; 12 monthly dharma talks; 20+ readings hotlinks
Prices: Materials plus 12 mentoring sessions 60-minutes in length $1295; Materials plus 12 mentoring sessions 30-minutes in length $840
Learn More | Buy Now
Here’s what students have to say:
- “I found the Retreat-in-a-Box extremely useful. I looked forward to each night, hearing the talk. It was very encouraging, reassuring, inspiring…I would definitely use it again in the future.”
- “I’ve deepened my practice more than ever, due to the clarity of the teaching.”
- “If I was to describe this to a friend, I would call it ‘Jedi mind training!'”
- “I have seen more changes in myself from two years of concentration practice than in the previous 20 years of various meditation practices.”
- “My faith in Buddhism has been deepened to a degree previously unimaginable, but is tempered by a profound sobriety of mind and wisdom. Every word of the dharma talks penetrated the core of my being and accelerated my practice.”
- “It will rock your world!”
- “I feel more confident in my approach to the Anapanasati / samatha practice, and how to navigate the varied terrain as well.”
- “Tina and Stephen, your dedication to the dharma is so inspiring to me. You’ve given me the courage to embrace my true path in life. Your efforts and example have given me a clarity that is truly miraculous. Thank you for all your hard work.”